Old rustic stone former farmhouse with olive trees in great position dominating the Valgraziosa, from which you can enjoy landscaped of great effect, ranging from the Monte Serra with its woods of holm oaks and chestnut trees to the terraced olive groves, up to the valley with the Caprona medieval tower. The house has a surface of 90 sqm, arranged on two levels. The renovation project has already been approved: the buyer will have the possibility to convert the existing spaces into living area. On the ground floor there is a main entrance in the dining room with small kitchen on le right, while on the other side there is a sitting room from which staircases engraved in the rock, will help reaching the first floor, where there are two bedrooms and bathroom. Around the stone cottage there is an ancient olive grove of 2.2 hectares with about 1300 plants, to constitute what is called the “Pisan woodland”, that has been in use since Medici’s time. Inlcuded in the sale also two annexes, one with a view to the sea in the most flat part of the olive grove, flanked by a stream.
In the valley which crosses the river Zambra, commonly known as Valgraziosa, is the village of Calci. Its name suggests the lime around the area or a Greek installation (Calcidesi) . This area was probably inhabited during the Roman period but first written documentation is from 8th to 12th century. During medieval times Calci was known as an important market centre, then in the Medicean times for hunting and summer stays. In the vicinity of Calci is the small village of Montemagno (198 metres above sea level) known as the birthplace of Pope Eugenio III Paganelli (1145-1153).