In quiet and private location, easily accessible by well mantained white road, is for sale this portion of a old former stone exposed seventeenth-century monastery. The portion has a surface of 140 square meters and is set on 3 floors. The restoration work was carried out in 2002 by the current owners using excellent materials and trying to preserve the typical features of the original structure such as beams, two fireplaces used with wood burning stoves, an old terracotta jar in the kitchen wall, and some frescoes of ancient origin present on the first floor. A touch of modernity is given by the underfloor heating and the reconstruction of the roof with insulation and solar panels to supply hot water. The actual room layout is summarized as follows: on the ground floor, slightly raised above street level and accessible via an external staircase and two small terraces in addition to a covered loggia, we find large kitchen with antique original fireplace and dining room, from which a spiral staircase leads to the first floor with two spacious bedrooms and bathroom. Another staircase, departing from the ground floor leads to the lower floor where we have a large technical room, a guest bedroom with access outside and bathroom with laundry. Only a couple of minutes walk from the house there is an olive grove of about 8000 square meters with olive trees in production, annex and mature garden with fruit trees. Nice position with views.
In the valley which crosses the river Zambra, commonly known as Valgraziosa, is the village of Calci. Its name suggests the lime around the area or a Greek installation (Calcidesi) . This area was probably inhabited during the Roman period but first written documentation is from 8th to 12th century. During medieval times Calci was known as an important market centre, then in the Medicean times for hunting and summer stays. In the vicinity of Calci is the small village of Montemagno (198 metres above sea level) known as the birthplace of Pope Eugenio III Paganelli (1145-1153).