Only few minutes from the village of Calci, famous for the production of an excellent extra virgin olive oil, is for sale this semi-detached house to be totally restored, located on the edge of a small hamlet area, sold with garden with annexes and a large olive grove. The house, free on three sides, has a surface of about 200 square meters on two levels plus attic. The ground floor has entrance hall, large kitchen, double living room with vaulted brick arches and stone walls. On the second floor, reached via an internal staircase, we find a large hallway and three bedrooms, one with en-suite bathroom. From the partly paved courtyard, which overlooks a river, we can reach a spacious annex, two small closets, while an external staircase leads to the attic which could be restored and converted into a small apartment. In front of the house, crossed the courtyard in common with other houses, is the terraced olive groves of about 2000 square meters.
In the valley which crosses the river Zambra, commonly known as Valgraziosa, is the village of Calci. Its name suggests the lime around the area or a Greek installation (Calcidesi) . This area was probably inhabited during the Roman period but first written documentation is from 8th to 12th century. During medieval times Calci was known as an important market centre, then in the Medicean times for hunting and summer stays. In the vicinity of Calci is the small village of Montemagno (198 metres above sea level) known as the birthplace of Pope Eugenio III Paganelli (1145-1153).